Smoker's Helpline | Connect to Quit

Home / Healthy Distractions / Are you

Search Messages
Posted By Message Date Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend
Paul, Quit Coach Mar 10, 2017 (01:56 PM)  

Personal Image

Hi everyone, and thank you tinkerbelle2 and lostjennie for your replies. It's great of both of you to continue to come by to teach and inspire our community.

Best regards,
Paul 

Smokers' Helpline Online Support Team

tinkerbelle2 Mar 10, 2017 (12:51 PM)  

Personal Image
Hobbies: writing, being in nature

I had to step up my game to reach where I am today. Before I would quit but it
never went anywhere. This time I had to step up and loose the negative thinking that I could never quit. I had to start saying I can do this and stop saying I can't and giving up. It was very hard to change so many years of me thinking I could never achieve anything but I did it. Your mind plays such a huge role in quitting and it is so important to see yourself as a winner.

Don't let life hold you down

lostjennie Mar 08, 2017 (12:33 PM)  

Personal Image
Hobbies: photography, arts

I feel I have stepped up my game when it comes to my life and also to my quit. I used to look for any reason to go back to smoking but now I find that instead of
concentrating on my smoking I have taken things into my life to replace it. I also
would play the poor victim with my life where it was all not my fault and things
were forced upon me that I could not control.

I have learned, even though it took a long time to see it, that one has to take
charge of their quit and that it does not just happen. You have to step up your
game and take life head on, deal with those things that try to bring you down and
take control over smoking as if given the chance it will take control back and you
will be back to smoking. This is a marathon and not a sprint. It takes time and
determination to get to where you want to be. I am just over a month into this new quit and feel better about quitting then ever before.

I will survive this as I am strong

Marianne, Quit Coach Mar 08, 2017 (11:14 AM)  

Personal Image

Happy Wednesday Everyone! 

"Stepping up your game" refers to improving your skills, getting better at what you do.  Accelerating and bringing it up a notch- thinking of your focus at the moment in your quit journey.

What are stepping up with? 

Smokers' Helpline Online Support Team

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend