Smoker's Helpline | Connect to Quit

Home / Healthy Distractions / Long week-end: Staying smoke free

Search Messages
Posted By Message Date Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend
Nadia, Quit Coach Jul 07, 2017 (08:50 PM)  

Personal Image

Hello Mud Man and Jeyan,

Thank you for sharing your tips.
Breaking associations is definitely a great way to avoid slipping, I am glad to hear that some triggers don't have the same power anymore. It's also great to enjoy a nice cup of coffee without thinking of a cigarette! 
Preparation is also a great tip, your friends are lucky to have you volunteer as a designated driver, saving your life and theirs.

Keep it up! Enjoy your summer smoke free week-ends!

Nadia, Quit Coach

Mud Man Jul 07, 2017 (01:07 AM)  

Personal Image
Hobbies: Riding My Harley

Hi Nadia its Mud Man. I have to mention that I have to be careful if I decide to have a beer because the two just seem to go together. My solution to the problem is "I rarely drink beer anymore". I don't have any problems drinking coffee without smoking but beer is still sometimes a tough one.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/9/2015
Smoke-Free Days: 606
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 18,180
Amount Saved: $9,453.60
Life Gained:
Days: 112 Hrs: 22 Mins: 7 Seconds: 43

Your Friendly Neighborhood  MUD MAN

Jeyan Jul 06, 2017 (10:04 AM)  

Personal Image
Hobbies: Walking, Roller skating, yoga, family

Hi Nadia, I attended my best friend's birthday party, all them drink and smoke. Day before the party I told my friend that I will neither drink nor smoke and told him that I would be the designated driver for him, which I did and he was happy. Although I ended up having a beer to make all feel comfortable, I never smoked nor had the urge to smoke. :) I know that just one is enough to put me back on the cycle.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/16/2016
Smoke-Free Days: 263
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,630
Amount Saved: $1,578.00
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 17 Mins: 15 Seconds: 12

Nadia, Quit Coach Jul 05, 2017 (04:03 PM)  

Personal Image

Hi Everyone,

Hope you enjoyed a nice long week-end wherever you are. Long week-ends can bring new sets of challenges on staying smoke free. For some, being around friends that smoke, family gathering, long drives or just having some extra time.

What are some of the things you did to remain smoke free over the long week-end? If you had a slip, how did you manage to get back on track? Please share.

Thank you everyone!

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend